Mesut Ozil And Sead Kolasinac Were Chased For 15 Minutes

Mesut Ozil And Sead Kolasinac Were Chased For 15 Minutes  -

Arsenal pair Mesut Ozil and Sead Kolasinac were involved in a 15 minute high-speed chase with knife-wielding attackers in what turned out to be a terrifying mile-long journey.

CCTV footage was released on Thursday afternoon of Kolasinac courageously defending himself during the attempted robbery, swinging punches at the thugs despite being threatened with a weapon.

Ozil then drove away in his Mercedes G-Class SUV as the Bosnian defender continued to take on the robbers by himself.

But that six-second clip wasn’t the end of this frightening incident.

Kolasinac eventually joined his teammate in the car and they sped away from the scene.

Ozil and Kolasinac were then chased through North London by the attackers, who were on motorbikes.

The Arsenal players eventually arrived at Turkish restaurant Likya, where the German midfielder abandoned his car in the middle of the road and sprinted towards the location.

Sky Sports spoke to Yasmin Tahsiner, the co-owner of the restaurant, who said the two attackers confronted Kolasinac outside his home.

The 26-year-old was meeting Ozil and his wife, who were in the Mercedes when the incident happened.

“They asked him [Kolasinac] straight away ‘give me your watch’. Then when they tried to attack him, he tried to go inside the car.” she said.

“From the other door, the attacker tried to go inside of the car as well. When Ozil drove the car, they chased them with the motorbike for 15 minutes.”

Mesut Ozil And Sead Kolasinac Were Chased For 15 Minutes  -

She also confirmed that Ozil’s car was badly damaged after the attackers threw “bricks and stones.” at the vehicle.

Azuka Alintah, 36, was a witness to the whole incident and told <a href=”” “>The Daily Mail that Ozil” looked absolutely terrified” and was “running for his life”.

“I saw him disappear into the restaurant with the motorcycle guys on his tail,” he said.

“They didn’t take off their helmets and were all in black, wearing long sleeved tops in this hot weather. They stood out. It was really creepy.

“God knows what would have happened if they’d caught him. It looked to me like he’d have been hacked to shreds and he clearly thought so too.

“As soon as the restaurant staff started to come to the window and to the doorway, they turned around and roared off.

“The police were there shortly afterwards and the road was almost blocked off.”