Mark Williams secured a 3-0 whitewash against Australian Neil Robertson in Group 7 of the Championship League.
Williams won a scrappy first frame 68-34, before hitting an unanswered 73 in total in the second.
Robertson made a better fist of his last chance in the third frame but could not stop a clear victory for Williams as the Welshman won 68-58.
‘Smashed out of the park’ – Wilson sets new record in Championship League victory
03/04/2021 AT 09:00
- ‘I feel sorry for whoever plays him’ – Robertson expects O’Sullivan backlash at Crucible
- ‘Nice to be part of history’ – Robertson proud of achievements in snooker
- Robertson delivers masterclass to crush O’Sullivan to win Tour Championship
Earlier in the round, David Gilbert secured a 3-2 win over Joe Perry, who had beaten Robertson 3-1 in the day’s second result.
Robertson’s sole win came against Kurt Maflin, winning 3-2, as he also lost 3-2 to Yan Bingtao. Bingtao also defeated Maflin 3-1, and Perry by the same scoreline.
Williams had three victories, falling to Anthony McGill 3-2 and then beating Maflin and then Gilbert 3-1. McGill lost another of his games 3-1, against Gilbert, before winning the last game of the night 3-1 against Maflin.
Results, Group 7
- Yan Bingtao 3-1 Kurt Maflin
- Joe Perry 3-1 Neil Robertson
- Mark Williams 3-1 Kurt Maflin
- David Gilbert 3-1 Anthony McGill
- Yan Bingtao 3-2 Neil Robertson
- Anthony McGill 3-2 Mark Williams
- Neil Robertson 3-2 Kurt Maflin
- David Gilbert 3-2 Joe Perry
- Mark Williams 3-0 Neil Robertson
- Yan Bingtao 3-1 Joe Perry
- Mark Williams 3-1 David Gilbert
- Anthony McGill 3-1 Kurt Maflin
Wilson makes history as he beats Williams to win Championship League
02/04/2021 AT 21:25
Trump knocked out of Championship League following defeat to Dott
02/04/2021 AT 16:12