Tuesday, April 20, 2021
HomeUncategorizedMeghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Archewell foundation director leaves role after one...

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry’s Archewell foundation director leaves role after one year

Meghan Markle’s friends ‘feel free to speak’ claims Ship

Sign up for FREE now and never miss the top Royal stories again.

Invalid email

When you subscribe we will use the information you provide to send you these newsletters.
Sometimes they’ll include recommendations for other related newsletters or services we offer.
Our Privacy Notice explains more about how we use your data, and your rights.
You can unsubscribe at any time.

Catherine St-Laurent will step down from the role of foundation director after starting in April last year. Meghan and Harry said in a statement that Ms St-Laurent was moving to a senior advisory role for Archewell and was happy with the move. They said: “She will continue to bring high-level strategic guidance to Archewell, which she helped launch and build over the course of the past year.”

Ms St-Laurent worked for Bill Gates’ charities for eight years before joining Archewell.

At the time of Ms St-Laurent’s appointment last year, Meghan and Harry said: “We are proud to be joined by Catherine St-Laurent in this next chapter with us.

“Her leadership and proven track record working within two organisations that have tremendous impact in the world.

“The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Pivotal Ventures make her an incredible asset and we’re excited to have her on our team.”

Meghan and Harry are seeing another staff member leave

Meghan and Harry are seeing another staff member leave (Image: CBS)

It has been reported that James Holt, who worked for the couple in the UK, will be taking over in the US instead. 

The Duke and Duchess also confirmed today that they’ve hired producer Ben Browning as head of content for Archewell Productions and also Archewell Audio.

Invisible Hand – a social impact and culture change agency founded by Genevieve Roth – has also joined Archewell to focus on “strategic change through storytelling and community building in support of gender and racial equity”.

Toya Holness, global press secretary for Archewell, said: “Archewell is incredibly pleased to welcome Ben, Genevieve and the Invisible Hand team to the organisation.

READ MORE: William’s fury with Meghan and Harry over ‘staggering’ Sussex Royal

Meghan and Harry made shocking allegations about the Royal Family to Oprah

Meghan and Harry made shocking allegations about the Royal Family to Oprah (Image: GETTY)

“Along with the appointment of James Holt as executive director of Archewell Foundation, they join a rapidly expanding team that’s deeply dedicated to advancing systemic cultural change and supporting compassionate communities across the world.”

It comes just weeks after the Duchess of Sussex was reportedly accused of bullying palace staff – although this is not linked to Ms St-Laurent, Ms Roth, Mr Holt and Mr Browning‘s new roles.

Earlier this month, the Times newspaper reported that a complaint was made in October 2018 by Jason Knauf, who was then the Sussexes’ communications secretary.

The complaint claimed the Duchess had allegedly driven two personal assistants out of the household and was also undermining the confidence of a third staff member.

DON’T MISS

Prince Harry’s pressure ‘tactics’ may not stop – ‘Spiteful!’ [INSIGHT]

‘Queen is not a puppet!’ Insider rages at Harry’s depiction of monarch [REACTION]

Orlando Bloom’s nod to Meghan Markle in jaw-dropping breakfast routine [VIDEO]

Meghan spoke about tensions rising before her 2018 wedding to Harry

Meghan spoke about tensions rising before her 2018 wedding to Harry (Image: EXPRESS)

Mr Knauf said in emails he was “very concerned” that Meghan “was able to bully two PAs out of the household”.

Buckingham Palace recently said it will be investigating the claims.

The palace said: “Members of staff involved at the time, including those who have left the household, will be invited to participate to see if lessons can be learned.

“The Royal Household has had a Dignity at Work policy in place for a number of years and does not and will not tolerate bullying or harassment in the workplace.”

Meghan said the Duchess of Cambridge made her cry, rather than the other way round

Meghan said the Duchess of Cambridge made her cry, rather than the other way round (Image: GETTY)

Meghan has denied the allegations and said it is part of a calculated smear campaign.

Her spokesman said: “The duchess is saddened by this latest attack on her character, particularly as someone who has been the target of bullying herself and is deeply committed to supporting those who have experienced pain and trauma.

“She is determined to continue her work building compassion around the world and will keep striving to set an example for doing what is right and doing what is good.”

It comes as Meghan and Harry’s bombshell interview with Oprah was aired sparking a royal crisis.

Meghan Markle and Harry’s ‘PR offensive’ discussed by expert

Before she stepped down as a senior member of the Royal Family to move to the US with Harry and their son, Archie, other members of Meghan’s royal team stepped down.

Her former PA Melissa Touabti quit her role after six months in 2018.

Shortly afterwards, Meghan and Harry’s private secretary Samantha Cohen also resigned after 17 years working for the Royal Family.

Meghan’s assistant private secretary Amy Pickerill and Harry’s private secretary Heather Wong also left their team in June 2019.

Meghan saw a number of staff leave their roles while she was a royal

Meghan saw a number of staff leave their roles while she was a royal (Image: GETTY)

Meghan and Harry shocked the world earlier this month when they talked about the struggles they faced as working members of the Firm in the US interview.

During the interview, Meghan claimed an unnamed member of the family questioned “how dark” her unborn son’s skin might be.

Meghan said: “In those months when I was pregnant [there were] concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he was born.”

Meghan also addressed media reports that claimed Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge had been left in tears over a row about flower girl dresses in the lead up to Meghan’s 2018 wedding.

Prince Harry said the Queen had been in touch with the couple several times over the last year

Prince Harry said the Queen had been in touch with the couple several times over the last year (Image: GETTY)

The Duchess of Sussex said it was actually Kate who made her cry, but said she had later apologised and bought flowers to make amends.

Despite the claims, Harry added he has a “really good” relationship with his grandmother the Queen and he has spoken to her more in the past year than he has for many years.

He said during the interview: “She’s my colonel-in-chief, right? She always will be.”

Read More

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -

Most Popular

Recent Comments