Defending champion Judd Trump eased into the second round of the Gibraltar Open with a 4-1 win over Robbie Williams.
The world No 1 reeled off three half-century breaks as he advanced in just over an hour.
He will next face either Haydon Pinhey or Sunny Akani.
‘I’ve taken snooker by storm’ – Trump equals Williams’ record after latest triumph
08/03/2021 AT 10:23
After losing in the first round of the Players Championship last week, Trump looked on top of his game as he opened with a break of 74 against Williams and then followed up by winning the second frame.
Williams hit back with a break of 85 but Trump took the fourth frame with another half-century break of 54.
- ‘It’s the rules’ – Si warned over dress code
- O’Sullivan, Higgins withdraw from Gibraltar Open
- Gibraltar Open 2021: Draw, schedule, results
The world No 1 secured the win in just over an hour with an 80 break.
Shaun Murphy also advanced with a 4-2 victory over Ashley Hugill while Joe Perry won by the same scoreline against Mark Davis.
GIBRALTAR OPEN RESULTS
- Jamie Clarke 4-0 Yan Bingtao
- Alexander Uursenbacher 4-1 Yuan Sijun
- Zhou Yuelong 4-0 Xu Si
- Xiao Guodong 4-2 Martin O’Donnell
- Liang Wenbo 4-1 Brian Ochoiski
- David Gilbert 4-1 Paul Davison
- Jimmy Robertson 4-2 James Cahill
- David Lilley 4-2 Duane Jones
- Si Jiahui 4-2 Ding Junhui
- Mitchell Mann 4-0 Lukas Kleckers
- Robert Milkins 4-3 Gary Wilson
- Ricky Walden 4-3 Mark Joyce
- Rory McLeod 1-4 Hossein Vafaei
- Joe Perry 4-2 Mark Davis
- Shaun Murphy 4-2 Ashley Hugill
- Andy Hicks 1-4 Allan Taylor
- Judd Trump 4-1 Robbie Williams
- Oliver Brown 1-4 Fan Zhengyi
- Michael White 2-4 Sohail Vahedi
- Zak Surety 2-4 Tom Ford
Trump: Lisowski will be ‘unstoppable’ after he wins elusive trophy
07/03/2021 AT 22:35
‘He is still my mate’ – Lisowski won’t fall out with Trump despite another final loss
07/03/2021 AT 22:12