How to watch Warriors vs. Nuggets basketball game
Apr 12, 2021
9:30 pm ET2 min read
Denver @ Golden State
Current Records: Denver 34-19; Golden State 25-28
What to Know
The Denver Nuggets have enjoyed the comforts of home their last five games, but now they must head out on the road. They will square off against the Golden State Warriors at 10 p.m. ET on Monday at Chase Center. Golden State will be strutting in after a win while the Nuggets will be stumbling in from a defeat.
The contest between Denver and the Boston Celtics on Sunday was not a total blowout, but with Denver falling 105-87 at home, it was darn close to turning into one. A silver lining for Denver was the play of center Nikola Jokic, who dropped a triple-double on 17 points, 11 dimes, and ten rebounds. That’s the fifth consecutive matchup in which Jokic has had at least ten assists.
Meanwhile, the Dubs strolled past the Houston Rockets with points to spare this past Saturday, taking the game 125-109. Golden State’s point guard Stephen Curry did his thing and shot 8-for-15 from downtown and finished with 38 points, five assists and eight boards. The matchup made it Chef Curry’s sixth in a row with at least 32 points.
The Nuggets are the favorite in this one, with an expected 5.5-point margin of victory. They have failed bettors playing the spread in their past two games, so buyers beware.
Denver beat the Dubs 114-104 in the teams’ previous meeting in January. Will Denver repeat their success, or does Golden State have a better game plan this time around? We’ll find out soon enough.
How To Watch
- When: Monday at 10 p.m. ET
- Where: Chase Center — San Francisco, California
- TV: ESPN
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Nuggets are a solid 5.5-point favorite against the Warriors, according to the latest NBA odds.
The line has drifted a bit towards the Nuggets, as the game opened with the Nuggets as a 3.5-point favorite.
Golden State have won 11 out of their last 18 games against Denver.
- Jan 14, 2021 – Denver 114 vs. Golden State 104
- Mar 03, 2020 – Golden State 116 vs. Denver 100
- Jan 16, 2020 – Denver 134 vs. Golden State 131
- Apr 02, 2019 – Golden State 116 vs. Denver 102
- Mar 08, 2019 – Golden State 122 vs. Denver 105
- Jan 15, 2019 – Golden State 142 vs. Denver 111
- Oct 21, 2018 – Denver 100 vs. Golden State 98
- Feb 03, 2018 – Denver 115 vs. Golden State 108
- Jan 08, 2018 – Golden State 124 vs. Denver 114
- Dec 23, 2017 – Denver 96 vs. Golden State 81
- Nov 04, 2017 – Golden State 127 vs. Denver 108
- Feb 13, 2017 – Denver 132 vs. Golden State 110
- Jan 02, 2017 – Golden State 127 vs. Denver 119
- Nov 10, 2016 – Golden State 125 vs. Denver 101
- Jan 13, 2016 – Denver 112 vs. Golden State 110
- Jan 02, 2016 – Golden State 111 vs. Denver 108
- Nov 22, 2015 – Golden State 118 vs. Denver 105
- Nov 06, 2015 – Golden State 119 vs. Denver 104
Injury Report for Golden State
- Jordan Poole: Game-Time Decision (Wrist)
- Kelly Oubre Jr.: Out (Wrist)
- Eric Paschall: Out (Hip)
- James Wiseman: Out for the Season (Knee)
- Klay Thompson: Out for the Season (Achilles)
Injury Report for Denver
- Shaquille Harrison: Out (Covid-19)