UTEP @ New Mexico State
Last Season Records: New Mexico State 1-1; UTEP 3-5
What to Know
The UTEP Miners have been on the wrong side of a one-way rivalry with the New Mexico State Aggies and are hoping to record their first win since Sept. 3 of 2016. The Miners and New Mexico State are opening their 2021 seasons against one another at 9:30 p.m. ET on Saturday at Aggie Memorial Stadium. Last year was nothing to brag about for UTEP (3-5), so the team is looking forward to a new start. The Aggies played only 2 games last season due to COVID.
UTEP has the odds in their favor, so they’ll need to guard against complacency. A victory is hardly a sure thing, especially this early in the season, so expect a good game.
How To Watch
- When: Saturday at 9:30 p.m. ET
- Where: Aggie Memorial Stadium — Las Cruces, New Mexico
- TV: Flo Football
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Miners are a big 10-point favorite against the Aggies, according to the latest college football odds.
New Mexico State have won three out of their last five games against UTEP.
- Nov 23, 2019 – New Mexico State 44 vs. UTEP 35
- Sep 22, 2018 – New Mexico State 27 vs. UTEP 20
- Sep 23, 2017 – New Mexico State 41 vs. UTEP 14
- Sep 03, 2016 – UTEP 38 vs. New Mexico State 22
- Sep 19, 2015 – UTEP 50 vs. New Mexico State 47