Zidane Has Identified His Top Transfer Target For Real Madrid
Zinedine Zidane stunned the entire footballing world on Monday after it was announced that he would be returning as manager of Real Madrid.
The 46-year-old Frenchman left Los Blancos at the end of last season after he helped his side lift an incredible three consecutive Champions League titles.
With Zizou replacing Santiago Solari in the Santiago Bernabéu dugout, the former Juventus ace faces no easy task in rebuilding the Spanish club after a disappointing season.
It would look like the new Madrid boss is wasting no time in laying the early foundation, mainly for how La Gazzetta dello Sport’s Nicolò Schira has said that he wants Chelsea‘s N’Golo Kanté to be his first signing in his second stint in charge.
The 27-year-old World Cup-winning Frenchman has struggled under Blues boss Maurizio Sarri this season, specifically for how he has been shifted into more of an attacking role than a defensive one.
However, Madrid will have to crank open their war chest to sign Kanté, especially after the Premier League side were hit with a transfer ban last month.
That’s not to mention that the former Leicester City star penned a new deal back in November, which keeps him at Stamford Bridge until 2023.
Zidane’s return will also be another warning sign for Chelsea, especially when it comes to the future of Eden Hazard.
The 28-year-old Belgian ace, who has been linked with a move to Madrid in the summer, has previously revealed his desire to play for the reigning Champions League holders someday.
In fact, Hazard spoke highly about Zidane two years ago and called him his “idol.”
“Everyone knows the respect I have for Zidane as a player, but also as a manager. He was my idol,” he told RTL.
“I do not know what will happen in the future. However, for sure, to play under Zidane would be a dream.”
Will Hazard or Kanté leave in the summer?
Let us know in the comments.